30 January 2008

weekly figure group

Carbon pencil on Strathmore drawing, 14" x 10".

the model this week was male, name unknown to me. i got some fairly good drawings off him; the group was also very small this week ... maybe the rains kept people at home.

this portrait view was made during a 20 minute pose. i could have spent more time sculpting the hair masses, but i wasn't motivated to do it.

Carbon pencil on Strathmore drawing, 16" x 12".

this is about the best figure drawing of the night, and it's not frontal so i can show it in a public blog. i know how america feels about these things. "go ahead, show me the girl eating yellow maggots, show me the girl flashing white titties, just don't show me a penis! anything but the penis!"

the background hatching didn't turn out as well as i expected it would. it's one of those things ... even after you discover it isn't really what you had in mind ... you started it, so you have to finish it.

1 comment:

RH Carpenter said...

Gosh, I didn't know you couldn't show a penis on your blog. Guess I'll have to change some of mine! I'm enjoying your figure drawing and your watercolors very much.